There are schools offering restaurant management degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Restaurant Management Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Pennsylvania graduates receive degrees in restaurant management. In other words, every year an estimated 66 restaurant managers graduate from Pennsylvania's 10 restaurant management schools.
Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a restaurant management program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts' restaurant management program. Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts charged in-state students $19,015 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a restaurant management program is Jna Institute of Culinary Arts, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. The tuition rate at Jna Institute of Culinary Arts was $10,075 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a restaurant management program is The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. 23 students graduated with degree in restaurant management from The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College in 2010. The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College charged in-state students $21,975 in tuition fees per year.
Restaurant management schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $7,552 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,975 per year, or as little as $2,720 per year. The Pennsylvania restaurant management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $21,975 per year
- Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $19,015 per year
- Jna Institute of Culinary Arts - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $10,075 per year
The following Pennsylvania restaurant management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
A restaurant management degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania restaurant management graduates become restaurant managers. In 2010, there were 5,200 restaurant managers working in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of restaurant managers are:
- Bucks County - 1,700 restaurant managers
- Allegheny County - 810 restaurant managers
- Lackawanna County - 250 restaurant managers
The government projects that the number of restaurant managers in Pennsylvania will grow by 2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,850 restaurant managers working in Pennsylvania.
A restaurant manager in Pennsylvania earns $54,110 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. restaurant managers in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $24,460 to $116,610 per year in 2010. A restaurant manager in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Warren County - $69,930 per year
- Centre County - $60,240 per year
- Adams County - $58,830 per year
On average, restaurant managers earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bedford County - $40,230 per year
- Lackawanna County - $40,880 per year
- Blair County - $43,550 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in restaurant management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or restaurant management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Restaurant Management in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant Management in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Restaurant Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Food Service Managers||5,200||$54,110||21.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are restaurant management related jobs in Pennsylvania