There are schools offering small business classes in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Pennsylvania graduates receive degrees in entrepreneurship. Thus, Pennsylvania's 25 small business schools put out approximately 199 small business professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a small business program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. 89 students graduated with a degree in small business from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a small business program. It is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Carnegie Mellon University small business program. Tuition at Carnegie Mellon University was $42,136 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a small business program is Temple University. Temple University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Temple University small business program. The tuition rate at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Small business schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $19,925 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,136 per year, or as little as $3,270 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania small business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Lehigh University - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $39,780 per year
The small business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Bucks County Community College - located in Newtown, students are charged $3,742 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
A small business degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of small business professional work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 17,470 small business professionals
- Allegheny County - 9,570 small business professionals
- Warren County - 3,270 small business professionals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of small business professionals in the state of Pennsylvania will shrink to 36,950. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
On average, small business professionals earn a salary of $106,180 per year in Pennsylvania state. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania small business professional earned as little as less than $32,860 per year or as much as more than $166,130 per year. On average small business professional earn the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bucks County - $123,860 per year
- Allegheny County - $105,540 per year
- Warren County - $105,520 per year
On average, small business professionals earn the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Cambria County - $74,840 per year
- Lebanon County - $76,230 per year
- Bradford County - $79,250 per year
The small business professionals with highest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $106,180 per year
On average, the lowest paid small business professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $106,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in entrepreneurship. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or marketing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Small Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||50,230||$106,180||10.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are small business related jobs in Pennsylvania