There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive surgical technology certificates every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 19 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 407 surgical technologists each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a surgical technologist program is University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown. University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Johnstown. 4 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown in 2010. Tuition at University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown was $12,078 per year.
Mount Aloysius College, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Cresson. In 2010, Mount Aloysius College graduated 19 students from its surgical technologist program. Mount Aloysius College charged in-state students $18,000 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a surgical technologist program is Great Lakes Institute of Technology. Great Lakes Institute of Technology, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Erie. 13 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Great Lakes Institute of Technology in 2010. Great Lakes Institute of Technology charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Surgical technologist schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $8,547 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,533 per year, or as little as $2,720 per year. In 2010, the surgical technologist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $20,533 per year
- Mount Aloysius College - located in Cresson, students are charged $18,000 per year
- Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences - located in Lancaster, students are charged $16,480 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. In 2010, there were 3,260 surgical technologists working in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Allegheny County - 870 surgical technologists
- Bucks County - 730 surgical technologists
- Cumberland County - 210 surgical technologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of surgical technologists in the state of Pennsylvania will grow to 4,400. This would require a 17% growth in the profession.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $39,220 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, Pennsylvania surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,800 per year to more than $56,730 per year in 2010. A surgical technologist in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lancaster County - $43,960 per year
- Warren County - $43,440 per year
- Berks County - $42,620 per year
On average, surgical technologists earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Erie County - $27,580 per year
- Lackawanna County - $36,170 per year
- Bedford County - $36,650 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Pennsylvania