There are schools offering veterinary assistant programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Veterinary Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive veterinary assisting degrees every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 10 veterinary assistant schools put out approximately 371 veterinary assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a veterinary assistant program is Johnson College. Johnson College, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Scranton. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Johnson College's veterinary assistant program. Johnson College charged in-state students $15,872 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a veterinary assistant program is Wilson College, which is located in Chambersburg. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. In 2010, Wilson College graduated 18 students from its veterinary assistant program. Tuition at Wilson College was $28,220 per year.
Great Lakes Institute of Technology, which is located in Erie, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a veterinary assistant program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 32 students graduated from Great Lakes Institute of Technology veterinary assistant program. Great Lakes Institute of Technology charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania veterinary assistant school, average tuition will be $12,011 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $28,220 per year. The Pennsylvania veterinary assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Wilson College - located in Chambersburg, students are charged $28,220 per year
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $23,644 per year
- Harcum College - located in Bryn Mawr, students are charged $18,950 per year
The veterinary assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Manor College - located in Jenkintown, students are charged $13,238 per year
A veterinary assistant degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of veterinary assistant graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a veterinary assistant. In 2010, there were 2,990 veterinary assistants working in Pennsylvania. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania veterinary assistants:
- Bucks County - 1,130 veterinary assistants
- Allegheny County - 470 veterinary assistants
- Warren County - 190 veterinary assistants
A veterinary assistant in Pennsylvania earns $25,040 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. veterinary assistants in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $15,730 to $51,680 per year in 2010. On average a veterinary assistant earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Centre County - $32,620 per year
- Bucks County - $29,010 per year
- Allegheny County - $25,570 per year
On average, veterinary assistants earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bradford County - $19,030 per year
- Cumberland County - $19,890 per year
- York County - $19,910 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in veterinary assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Veterinary Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Veterinary Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers||2,990||$25,040||50.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania