There are schools offering science classes in Rhode Island!
Schools Offering Science Programs in Rhode Island
Brown University, which was ranked 6th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Rhode Island that has a science program. It is located in Providence. In 2010, Brown University graduated 390 students from its science program. Brown University charged in-state students $40,820 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Rhode Island with a science program is Providence College, which is located in Providence. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, Providence College graduated 142 students from its science program. Tuition at Providence College was $39,435 per year.
The third-ranked school in Rhode Island with a science program is Bryant University, which is located in Smithfield. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 10 students graduated with degree in science from Bryant University in 2010. Bryant University charged in-state students $33,357 in tuition fees per year.
Science schools in Rhode Island, charge students an average tuition of $27,463 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,820 per year, or as little as $6,986 per year. The Rhode Island science schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Brown University - located in Providence, students are charged $40,820 per year
- Providence College - located in Providence, students are charged $39,435 per year
- Bryant University - located in Smithfield, students are charged $33,357 per year
The science schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Rhode Island were:
- Rhode Island College - located in Providence, students are charged $6,986 per year
- University of Rhode Island - located in Kingston, students are charged $10,476 per year
- Roger Williams University - located in Bristol, students are charged $29,718 per year
A science degree from a Rhode Island school... what next?
science graduates in Rhode Island can go into a variety of professions such as environmental scientist, biology professor, science professor, biophysics scientist , and chemist. 2,100 science professionals were working in Rhode Island in 2010. Of these, 180 were life scientists. In addition, 360 were environmental scientists, and 130 were biology professors. The Rhode Island counties with the largest populations of science professional are:
- Bristol County - 2,140 science professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of science professionals in the state of Rhode Island will grow to 1,000. This would require a 12% growth in the field.
On average, science professionals earn $74,720 per year. The following counties in Rhode Island have the highest average salaries for science professionals:
- Bristol County - $74,643 per year
On average, the highest paid science professionals in Rhode Island were:
- Biophysics Scientist - $120,690 per year
- Biology Professor - $75,640 per year
- Chemist - $74,630 per year
The science professionals with lowest average salaries in Rhode Island were:
- Science Professor - $59,540 per year
- Life Scientist - $51,030 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Rhode Island statistics regarding a career in science. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as engineering or chemical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science in Rhode Island
- Master's Degree in Science in Rhode Island
- Doctoral Degree in Science in Rhode Island
Curious what studying Science gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Rhode Island
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||890||$59,540||169.7%|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||360||$67,360||24.1%|
|Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists||320||$74,150|
|Life Scientists, All Other||180||$51,030|
|Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary||130||$75,640||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are science related jobs in Rhode Island