There are schools offering accounting degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in South Carolina
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a accounting program is Clemson University, which is located in Clemson. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, 106 students graduated from Clemson University's accounting program. The tuition rate at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
Furman University, which is located in Greenville, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 23rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Furman University graduated 21 students from its accounting program. Students at Furman University paid $38,088 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina with a accounting program is Wofford College, which is located in Spartanburg. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Wofford College accounting program. The tuition rate at Wofford College was $31,710 per year.
Accounting schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $11,323 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $38,088 per year, or as little as $3,342 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Wofford College - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $31,710 per year
- Presbyterian College - located in Clinton, students are charged $30,180 per year
The following South Carolina accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northeastern Technical College - located in Cheraw, students are charged $3,342 per year
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $3,349 per year
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
An accounting degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from accounting school in South Carolina go on to work as an accountant. South Carolina had 12,740 accountants in 2010. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Calhoun County - 2,870 accountants
- Berkeley County - 2,340 accountants
- Greenville County - 2,330 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 18,200 accountants working in the South Carolina then.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $59,240 per year in South Carolina state. However, South Carolina accountants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,480 per year to more than $109,900 per year in 2010. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Chesterfield County - $62,140 per year
- Sumter County - $60,740 per year
- Greenville County - $60,710 per year
The South Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for accountants are:
- Abbeville County - $54,410 per year
- Darlington County - $54,440 per year
- Horry County - $54,660 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Accounting in South Carolina
- Certificate in Accounting in South Carolina
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||21,310||$32,720||-2.7%|
|Accountants and Auditors||12,740||$59,240||8.1%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||7,290||$31,120||-2.3%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||2,560||$34,770||-17.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in South Carolina