There are schools offering biology degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Biology Programs in South Carolina
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a biology program is Clemson University, which is located in Clemson. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, Clemson University graduated 181 students from its biology program. Clemson University charged in-state students $11,908 in tuition fees per year.
Furman University, which is located in Greenville, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a biology program. It received a ranking of 23rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 36 students graduated from Furman University biology program. Tuition at Furman University was $38,088 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina with a biology program is Wofford College, which is located in Spartanburg. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, Wofford College graduated 65 students from its biology programs. Tuition at Wofford College was $31,710 per year.
Biology schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $14,985 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $38,088 per year, or as little as $3,636 per year. In 2010, the biology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Wofford College - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $31,710 per year
- Presbyterian College - located in Clinton, students are charged $30,180 per year
The biology schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Greenville Technical College - located in Greenville, students are charged $3,636 per year
- Clinton Junior College - located in Rock Hill, students are charged $4,535 per year
- University of South Carolina-Beaufort - located in Hilton Head Island, students are charged $8,020 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in biology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as biomedical engineering or biology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biology in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Biology in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Biology in South Carolina
Curious what studying Biology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||560||$63,140||40.0%|
|Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists||220||$59,150||57.1%|
|Biological Scientists, All Other||200||$68,480||17.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biology related jobs in South Carolina