There are schools offering business management courses in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Business Management Programs in South Carolina
Around 0.1% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from business management degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 142 business administrators graduate from South Carolina's 11 business management schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business management program is Clemson University. Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Clemson. 13 students graduated with a degree in business management from Clemson University in 2010. The tuition rate at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
University of South Carolina-Upstate, which is located in Spartanburg, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. 17 students graduated with degree in business management from University of South Carolina-Upstate in 2010. Tuition at University of South Carolina-Upstate was $9,242 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business management program is Southern Wesleyan University. Southern Wesleyan University, which was ranked 49th in the country in 2010, is located in Central. 68 students graduated with degree in business management from Southern Wesleyan University in 2010. Southern Wesleyan University charged in-state students $19,500 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at South Carolina's business management schools ranges from $32,800 per year to $9,198 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,098 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina business management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Southern Wesleyan University - located in Central, students are charged $19,500 per year
- Columbia International University - located in Columbia, students are charged $17,395 per year
The lowest tuition rates at South Carolina business management schools were charged at the following schools:
- South Carolina State University - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $9,198 per year
- University of South Carolina-Upstate - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $9,242 per year
- University of South Carolina-Columbia - located in Columbia, students are charged $9,786 per year
A business management degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of business management graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as a business administrator. South Carolina had 3,060 business administrators in 2010. In South Carolina, the largest numbers of business administrators work in the following counties:
- Calhoun County - 740 business administrators
- Berkeley County - 490 business administrators
- Greenville County - 480 business administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of business administrators is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,200 business administrators working in the South Carolina then.
A business administrator in South Carolina earns $71,250 per year on average. In 2010, however, some South Carolina business administrators earned as little as less than $25,990 per year or as much as more than $125,170 per year. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for business administrators:
- Spartanburg County - $80,730 per year
- Darlington County - $76,470 per year
- Anderson County - $73,780 per year
A business administrator in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Sumter County - $56,150 per year
- Allendale County - $61,790 per year
- Abbeville County - $62,710 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in business management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or construction management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Business Management in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Business Management in South Carolina
Curious what studying Business Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,060||$71,250||-30.6%|
|Managers, All Other||2,800||$74,630||68.7%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||440||$74,920||-27.9%|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||60||$54,840||100.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business management related jobs in South Carolina