There are schools offering computer programming courses in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in South Carolina
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.0% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 27 computer programmers graduate from South Carolina's 8 computer programming schools.
Clemson University, which is located in Clemson, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Clemson University graduated 4 students from its computer programming program. The tuition rate at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Greenville. ITT Technical Institute-Greenville, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Greenville. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Greenville paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
Limestone College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a computer programming program. It is located in Gaffney. 6 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Limestone College in 2010. Students at Limestone College paid $19,200 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at South Carolina's computer programming schools ranges from $19,200 per year to $3,530 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,236 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Limestone College - located in Gaffney, students are charged $19,200 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Clemson University - located in Clemson, students are charged $11,908 per year
The computer programming schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Trident Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $3,530 per year
- Greenville Technical College - located in Greenville, students are charged $3,636 per year
- Piedmont Technical College - located in Greenwood, students are charged $3,662 per year
A computer programming degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as a computer programmer. In 2010, there were 2,970 computer programmers working in South Carolina. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of computer programmers are:
- Calhoun County - 1,040 computer programmers
- Berkeley County - 590 computer programmers
- Greenville County - 440 computer programmers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer programmers in the state of South Carolina will shrink to 5,100. This would require a -4% decline in the profession.
On average, computer programmers earn $64,390 per year. On average a computer programmer earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Spartanburg County - $77,850 per year
- Horry County - $69,670 per year
- Greenville County - $66,710 per year
On average, computer programmers earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Chesterfield County - $38,990 per year
- Anderson County - $44,250 per year
- Abbeville County - $57,310 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in South Carolina
- Certificate in Computer Programming in South Carolina
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,818 miles from location||Clemson University||Clemson||SC||78.2973||36%||19,111|
|5,792 miles from location||Greenville Technical College||Greenville||SC||10.0617||n/a||15,089|
|5,647 miles from location||Trident Technical College||Charleston||SC||9.83283||n/a||14,834|
|5,774 miles from location||Piedmont Technical College||Greenwood||SC||10.844||n/a||5,566|
|5,755 miles from location||Aiken Technical College||Graniteville||SC||8.50122||n/a||3,268|
|5,753 miles from location||Limestone College||Gaffney||SC||20.9287||37%||3,137|
|5,786 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Greenville||Greenville||SC||21.6586||100%||675|
|5,707 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Columbia Campus||Columbia||SC||2.21706||n/a||514|
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians +||130||$41,700||62.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in South Carolina