There are schools offering elementary education degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in South Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.7% of South Carolina graduates receive degrees in elementary education. That means an estimated 699 elementary educators graduate from South Carolina's 27 elementary education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a elementary education program is Clemson University, which is located in Clemson. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. 74 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Clemson University in 2010. The tuition rate at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
Furman University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a elementary education program. It is located in Greenville. In 2010, Furman University graduated 22 students from its elementary education program. The tuition rate at Furman University was $38,088 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a elementary education program is College of Charleston. College of Charleston, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Charleston. 49 students graduated with degree in elementary education from College of Charleston in 2010. The tuition rate at College of Charleston was $10,314 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina elementary education school, average tuition will be $15,858 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $8,424 per year to $38,088 per year. The South Carolina elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Erskine College and Seminary - located in Due West, students are charged $26,775 per year
- Converse College - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $26,138 per year
The lowest tuition rates at South Carolina elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of South Carolina-Aiken - located in Aiken, students are charged $8,424 per year
- Francis Marion University - located in Florence, students are charged $8,480 per year
- Lander University - located in Greenwood, students are charged $9,154 per year
An elementary education degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as an elementary educator. 20,540 elementary educators were working in South Carolina in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina elementary educators:
- Calhoun County - 4,020 elementary educators
- Greenville County - 3,330 elementary educators
- Berkeley County - 3,310 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 26,120 elementary educators working in the South Carolina then.
An elementary educator in South Carolina makes an average of $47,090 per year. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $27,500 per year or as much as more than $76,010 per year in South Carolina. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Spartanburg County - $53,320 per year
- Calhoun County - $49,300 per year
- Chesterfield County - $47,830 per year
The following counties in South Carolina have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Sumter County - $40,220 per year
- Beaufort County - $42,940 per year
- Greenville County - $44,110 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in South Carolina
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||20,540||$47,090||18.3%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,140||$81,630||0.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,790||$49,990||-2.8%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||2,490||$46,890||-3.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in South Carolina