There are schools offering health information programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in South Carolina
Each year, roughly 0.1% of South Carolina students graduate with degrees in health information. Thus, South Carolina's 9 health information schools put out approximately 84 health information technicians each year.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which is located in Conway, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 90th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with a degree in health information from Horry-Georgetown Technical College in 2010. Students at Horry-Georgetown Technical College paid $3,446 per year in tuition fees.
Greenville Technical College, which is located in Greenville, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 90th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Greenville Technical College graduated 11 students from its health information program. Tuition at Greenville Technical College was $3,636 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina with a health information program is Trident Technical College, which is located in Charleston. In 2010, it was ranked 90th nationwide. In 2010, Trident Technical College graduated 12 students from its health information programs. Trident Technical College charged in-state students $3,530 in tuition fees per year.
Health information schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $4,381 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $10,200 per year, or as little as $3,380 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Phoenix-Columbia Campus - located in Columbia, students are charged $10,200 per year
- Midlands Technical College - located in West Columbia, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Aiken Technical College - located in Graniteville, students are charged $3,706 per year
The following South Carolina health information schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College - located in Conway, students are charged $3,446 per year
A health information degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from health information school in South Carolina go on to work as a health information technician. South Carolina had 2,250 health information technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina health information technicians:
- Calhoun County - 520 health information technicians
- Greenville County - 350 health information technicians
- Berkeley County - 340 health information technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of health information technicians in the state of South Carolina will grow to 2,560. This would require a 23% growth in the profession.
A health information technician in South Carolina makes an average of $32,660 per year. However, South Carolina health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,780 per year to more than $99,300 per year in 2010. On average a health information technician earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Calhoun County - $37,460 per year
- Abbeville County - $36,750 per year
- Beaufort County - $35,750 per year
On average, health information technicians earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Horry County - $26,190 per year
- Darlington County - $26,760 per year
- Allendale County - $28,120 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in health information and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in South Carolina
- Certificate in Health Information in South Carolina
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||2,250||$32,660|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in South Carolina