There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in South Carolina
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of South Carolina receive healthcare administration degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 120 healthcare administrators graduate from South Carolina's 11 healthcare administration schools.
Forrest Junior College, which is located in Anderson, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Forrest Junior College's healthcare administration program. Students at Forrest Junior College paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a healthcare administration program is Miller-Motte Technical College, which is located in Charleston. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Miller-Motte Technical College healthcare administration program. Students at Miller-Motte Technical College paid $15,330 per year in tuition fees.
Limestone College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Gaffney. The tuition rate at Limestone College was $19,200 per year.
Healthcare administration schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $13,862 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $32,800 per year, or as little as $9,420 per year. The South Carolina healthcare administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Limestone College - located in Gaffney, students are charged $19,200 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $15,330 per year
The healthcare administration schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Forrest Junior College - located in Anderson, students are charged $9,420 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $10,124 per year
- University of Phoenix-Columbia Campus - located in Columbia, students are charged $10,200 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in South Carolina go on to work as a healthcare administrator. 4,550 healthcare administrators were working in South Carolina in 2010. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of healthcare administrators are:
- Calhoun County - 1,090 healthcare administrators
- Berkeley County - 830 healthcare administrators
- Greenville County - 660 healthcare administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare administrators in the state of South Carolina will grow to 4,820. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
A healthcare administrator in South Carolina makes an average of $81,560 per year. However, South Carolina healthcare administrators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,520 per year to more than $139,620 per year in 2010. A healthcare administrator in the following South Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Beaufort County - $90,120 per year
- Berkeley County - $88,850 per year
- Spartanburg County - $85,910 per year
On average, healthcare administrators earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Chesterfield County - $66,780 per year
- Sumter County - $69,390 per year
- Darlington County - $72,110 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in South Carolina
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in South Carolina
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,792 miles from location||Strayer University-South Carolina||Greenville||SC||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,708 miles from location||Virginia College-Columbia||Columbia||SC||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,753 miles from location||Limestone College||Gaffney||SC||20.9287||37%||3,137|
|5,641 miles from location||Medical University of South Carolina||Charleston||SC||1.9235||n/a||2,513|
|5,708 miles from location||South University-Columbia||Columbia||SC||18.0098||90%||1,273|
|5,790 miles from location||Virginia College-Greenville||Greenville||SC||1.62985||n/a||1,054|
|5,648 miles from location||Miller-Motte Technical College||Charleston||SC||22.551||100%||864|
|5,707 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Columbia Campus||Columbia||SC||2.21706||n/a||514|
|5,646 miles from location||Virginia College in Charleston||Charleston||SC||n/a||n/a||270|
|5,794 miles from location||Brown Mackie College-Greenville||Greenville||SC||n/a||n/a||174|
|5,806 miles from location||Forrest Junior College||Anderson||SC||32.8318||n/a||94|
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||4,550||$81,560||40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in South Carolina