There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in South Carolina
Each year, roughly 0.1% of South Carolina students graduate with degrees in respiratory therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 112 respiratory therapists graduate from South Carolina's 9 respiratory therapy schools.
Piedmont Technical College, which was ranked 89th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Greenwood. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Piedmont Technical College's respiratory therapy program. Piedmont Technical College charged in-state students $3,662 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a respiratory therapy program is Greenville Technical College, which is located in Greenville. In 2010, it was ranked 90th nationwide. 14 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Greenville Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Greenville Technical College was $3,636 per year.
Spartanburg Community College, which is located in Spartanburg, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 90th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Spartanburg Community College graduated 10 students from its respiratory therapy programs. The tuition rate at Spartanburg Community College was $3,576 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's respiratory therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,785 per year, though tuition can range from $32,800 per year to $3,349 per year. The South Carolina respiratory therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Midlands Technical College - located in West Columbia, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Piedmont Technical College - located in Greenwood, students are charged $3,662 per year
The following South Carolina respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $3,349 per year
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. South Carolina had 1,700 respiratory therapists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina respiratory therapists:
- Berkeley County - 470 respiratory therapists
- Calhoun County - 310 respiratory therapists
- Greenville County - 270 respiratory therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,320 respiratory therapists working in the South Carolina then.
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $51,610 per year in South Carolina state. However, South Carolina respiratory therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,680 per year to more than $73,120 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Berkeley County - $57,820 per year
- Beaufort County - $50,750 per year
- Darlington County - $50,540 per year
The South Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for respiratory therapists are:
- Chesterfield County - $46,130 per year
- Abbeville County - $46,380 per year
- Greenville County - $48,680 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in South Carolina
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in South Carolina
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||230||$41,010||-52.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in South Carolina