There are schools offering business administration degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in South Dakota
Each year, approximately 3.7% of South Dakota graduates receive degrees in business administration. Thus, South Dakota's 17 business administration schools put out approximately 822 general managers each year.
Augustana College, which is located in Sioux Falls, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Augustana College graduated 39 students from its business administration program. Augustana College charged in-state students $25,104 in tuition fees per year.
University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a business administration program. It is located in Vermillion. In 2010, University of South Dakota graduated 119 students from its business administration program. University of South Dakota charged in-state students $6,762 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a business administration program is Dakota Wesleyan University. Dakota Wesleyan University, which was ranked 46th in the country in 2010, is located in Mitchell. In 2010, Dakota Wesleyan University graduated 19 students from its business administration programs. The tuition rate at Dakota Wesleyan University was $19,850 per year.
Tuition at South Dakota's business administration schools ranges from $25,104 per year to $2,396 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,123 per year. In 2010, the business administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
The business administration schools in South Dakota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Sisseton Wahpeton College - located in Sisseton, students are charged $3,960 per year
A business administration degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
A large number of South Dakota business administration graduates become general managers. In 2010, there were 3,140 general managers working in South Dakota. The South Dakota counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Lincoln County - 1,100 general managers
- Beadle County - 940 general managers
- Meade County - 520 general managers
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $105,510 per year in South Dakota state. However, this number is only an average. general managers in South Dakota had varying salaries from $59,470 to $165,790 per year in 2010. A general manager in the following South Dakota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lincoln County - $114,580 per year
- Meade County - $105,620 per year
- Beadle County - $99,630 per year
A general manager in the following counties in South Dakota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bennett County - $89,320 per year
- Aurora County - $94,290 per year
- Beadle County - $99,630 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in South Dakota
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||3,140||$105,510||0.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||290||$74,110||20.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in South Dakota