There are schools offering chemistry courses in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Chemistry Programs in South Dakota
The top-ranked school in South Dakota with a chemistry program is Augustana College, which is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. In 2010, Augustana College graduated 10 students from its chemistry program. The tuition rate at Augustana College was $25,104 per year.
University of South Dakota, which is located in Vermillion, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a chemistry program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 24 students graduated from University of South Dakota chemistry program. University of South Dakota charged in-state students $6,762 in tuition fees per year.
South Dakota State University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a chemistry program. It is located in Brookings. In 2010, South Dakota State University graduated 12 students from its chemistry programs. South Dakota State University charged in-state students $6,444 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a South Dakota chemistry school, average tuition will be $12,215 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,351 per year to $25,104 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Dakota chemistry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
The chemistry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Northern State University - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $6,351 per year
- South Dakota State University - located in Brookings, students are charged $6,444 per year
- Dakota State University - located in Madison, students are charged $6,455 per year
A chemistry degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
The highest percentage of chemistry graduates in South Dakota pursue careers as a chemist. 90 chemists were working in South Dakota in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Dakota chemists:
- Beadle County - 50 chemists
A chemist in South Dakota makes an average of $51,340 per year. However, this number is only an average. chemists in South Dakota had varying salaries from $35,270 to $82,470 per year in 2010. The counties in South Dakota with the highest average salary for a chemist are:
- Beadle County - $51,580 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in chemistry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physics or chemistry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Chemistry in South Dakota
- Doctoral Degree in Chemistry in South Dakota
Curious what studying Chemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are chemistry related jobs in South Dakota