There are schools offering design programs in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Design Programs in South Dakota
The top-ranked school in South Dakota with a design program is Dakota Wesleyan University, which is located in Mitchell. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. 2 students graduated with a degree in design from Dakota Wesleyan University in 2010. Dakota Wesleyan University charged in-state students $19,850 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota with a design program is South Dakota State University, which is located in Brookings. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, South Dakota State University graduated 35 students from its design program. Students at South Dakota State University paid $6,444 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in South Dakota with a design program is National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension, which is located in Ellsworth AFB. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 3 students graduated with degree in design from National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension in 2010. The tuition rate at National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension was $6,800 per year.
Tuition at South Dakota's design schools ranges from $19,850 per year to $3,606 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,562 per year. In 2010, the design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Dakota Wesleyan University - located in Mitchell, students are charged $19,850 per year
- National American University-Rapid City - located in Rapid City, students are charged $12,038 per year
- Black Hills State University - located in Spearfish, students are charged $6,951 per year
The lowest tuition rates at South Dakota design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
- Northern State University - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $6,351 per year
- South Dakota State University - located in Brookings, students are charged $6,444 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in South Dakota
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||70||$37,140||-22.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in South Dakota