There are schools offering elementary education degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in South Dakota
Each year, approximately 1.3% of South Dakota graduates receive degrees in elementary education. That means an estimated 290 elementary educators graduate from South Dakota's 11 elementary education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in South Dakota with a elementary education program is Augustana College, which is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 27 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Augustana College in 2010. Students at Augustana College paid $25,104 per year in tuition fees.
University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a elementary education program. It is located in Vermillion. 70 students graduated with degree in elementary education from University of South Dakota in 2010. University of South Dakota charged in-state students $6,762 in tuition fees per year.
Dakota Wesleyan University, which is located in Mitchell, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Dakota Wesleyan University elementary education program. The tuition rate at Dakota Wesleyan University was $19,850 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Dakota elementary education school, average tuition will be $11,164 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,396 per year to $25,104 per year. In 2010, the following South Dakota elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
The elementary education schools in South Dakota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Sisseton Wahpeton College - located in Sisseton, students are charged $3,960 per year
An elementary education degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in South Dakota go on to work as an elementary educator. 4,060 elementary educators were working in South Dakota in 2010. The South Dakota counties with the largest populations of elementary educators are:
- Beadle County - 1,240 elementary educators
- Lincoln County - 990 elementary educators
- Bennett County - 670 elementary educators
An elementary educator in South Dakota makes an average of $39,350 per year. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $27,660 per year or as much as more than $65,630 per year in South Dakota. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following South Dakota counties:
- Meade County - $47,800 per year
- Lincoln County - $38,620 per year
- Beadle County - $38,460 per year
The following counties in South Dakota have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Aurora County - $35,650 per year
- Bennett County - $38,420 per year
- Beadle County - $38,460 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in South Dakota
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||4,060||$39,350||2.3%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||660||$38,710||10.0%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||610||$68,120||5.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||500||$37,250||8.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in South Dakota