There are schools offering finance degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in South Dakota
University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a finance program. It is located in Vermillion. In 2010, University of South Dakota graduated 28 students from its finance program. The tuition rate at University of South Dakota was $6,762 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a finance program is Lake Area Technical Institute. Lake Area Technical Institute, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Watertown. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Lake Area Technical Institute finance program. Tuition at Lake Area Technical Institute was $5,236 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Dakota with a finance program is National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension, which is located in Ellsworth AFB. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 2 students graduated with degree in finance from National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension in 2010. Students at National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension paid $6,800 per year in tuition fees.
Finance schools in South Dakota, charge students an average tuition of $7,904 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $12,038 per year, or as little as $3,606 per year. In 2010, the finance schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- National American University-Rapid City - located in Rapid City, students are charged $12,038 per year
- National American University-Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $11,795 per year
- Colorado Technical University - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $10,620 per year
The finance schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
- Lake Area Technical Institute - located in Watertown, students are charged $5,236 per year
- Northern State University - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $6,351 per year
A finance degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent are the professions of choice for a majority of finance graduates in South Dakota. If you decide to work as a finance professional in South Dakota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,430 South Dakota finance professional as of 2010. This number includes 120 budget analysts, 3,970 auditors, and 60 financial quantitative analysts. The South Dakota counties with the largest populations of finance professional are:
- Lincoln County - 2,750 finance professionals
- Beadle County - 1,740 finance professionals
- Meade County - 870 finance professionals
finance professionals in South Dakota make an average of $66,649 per year. But, salaries for finance professional can vary. In 2010, finance professional made as little as less than $22,490 per year or as much as more than $155,750 per year in South Dakota. On average finance professional earn the most in the following South Dakota counties:
- Meade County - $68,200 per year
- Lincoln County - $67,470 per year
- Aurora County - $66,070 per year
The following counties in South Dakota have the lowest average salaries for finance professional:
- Bennett County - $63,633 per year
- Beadle County - $65,255 per year
- Aurora County - $66,070 per year
On average, the highest paid finance professionals in South Dakota were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $108,850 per year
- Sales Agent - $75,890 per year
- Financial Examiner - $69,010 per year
On average, the lowest paid finance professionals in South Dakota were:
- Auditor - $54,130 per year
- Credit Analyst - $51,960 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in finance. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Finance in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in South Dakota
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||3,970||$54,130||24.8%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||570||$75,890||58.3%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||60||$64,810||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in South Dakota