There are schools offering nursing programs in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in South Dakota
Your Favorite Schools
Augustana College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a nursing program. It is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, Augustana College graduated 58 students from its nursing program. The tuition rate at Augustana College was $25,104 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a nursing program is University of South Dakota. University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Vermillion. In 2010, 272 students graduated from University of South Dakota nursing program. Tuition at University of South Dakota was $6,762 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a nursing program is Dakota Wesleyan University. Dakota Wesleyan University, which was ranked 46th in the country in 2010, is located in Mitchell. In 2010, 78 students graduated from Dakota Wesleyan University nursing program. Dakota Wesleyan University charged in-state students $19,850 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Dakota's nursing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,019 per year, though tuition can range from $25,104 per year to $2,396 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Dakota nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
- Dakota Wesleyan University - located in Mitchell, students are charged $19,850 per year
The nursing schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
A nursing degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Many South Dakota nursing graduates become a licensed practical nurse, family nurse practitioner, critical care clinical nurse specialist, and patient care assistant. If you decide to work as a nurse in South Dakota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 19,320 South Dakota nurse as of 2010. This number includes 10,690 registered nurses, 1,910 licensed practical nurses, and 40 family nurse practitioners. The South Dakota counties with the largest populations of nurse are:
- Lincoln County - 7,500 nurses
- Beadle County - 5,520 nurses
- Meade County - 2,830 nurses
nurses in South Dakota earn $50,078 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Nurse in South Dakota had varying salaries from $16,340 to $132,620 per year in 2010. Nurses in the following South Dakota counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Lincoln County - $52,215 per year
- Meade County - $50,520 per year
- Bennett County - $49,805 per year
Nurses in the following counties in South Dakota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Aurora County - $42,420 per year
- Beadle County - $45,583 per year
- Bennett County - $49,805 per year
On average, the highest paid nurses in South Dakota were:
- Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist - $83,350 per year
- Family Nurse Practitioner - $55,800 per year
- Registered Nurse - $54,730 per year
The nurses with lowest average salaries in South Dakota were:
- Licensed Practical Nurse - $33,910 per year
- Patient Care Assistant - $22,600 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in South Dakota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or LPN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Certificate in Nursing in South Dakota
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,560 miles from location||South Dakota State University||Brookings||SD||31.8924||55%||12,376|
|6,576 miles from location||University of South Dakota||Vermillion||SD||64.495||41%||9,617|
|6,564 miles from location||Southeast Technical Institute||Sioux Falls||SD||19.5942||n/a||2,489|
|6,879 miles from location||National American University-Rapid City||Rapid City||SD||12.6507||n/a||1,973|
|6,834 miles from location||Oglala Lakota College||Kyle||SD||5.47762||n/a||1,804|
|6,562 miles from location||Augustana College||Sioux Falls||SD||67.8064||42%||1,793|
|6,572 miles from location||Lake Area Technical Institute||Watertown||SD||35.7982||82%||1,291|
|6,600 miles from location||Mount Marty College||Yankton||SD||23.7367||45%||1,214|
|6,877 miles from location||Western Dakota Technical Institute||Rapid City||SD||21.9694||53%||1,152|
|6,757 miles from location||Sinte Gleska University||Mission||SD||13.4932||n/a||936|
|6,626 miles from location||Dakota Wesleyan University||Mitchell||SD||53.9083||39%||763|
|6,636 miles from location||Presentation College||Aberdeen||SD||21.2999||58%||679|
|6,564 miles from location||National American University-Sioux Falls||Sioux Falls||SD||6.11863||n/a||554|
|6,856 miles from location||Sisseton Wahpeton College||Sisseton||SD||9.22432||n/a||237|
Curious what studying Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Registered Nurses +||10,690||$54,730||18.3%|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants +||6,090||$22,600||-4.8%|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses +||1,910||$33,910||-5.0%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||590||$83,350||-7.8%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other +||40||$55,800|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing related jobs in South Dakota