There are schools offering RN programs in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in South Dakota
Your Favorite Schools
Augustana College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a RN program. It is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, Augustana College graduated 56 students from its RN program. Augustana College charged in-state students $25,104 in tuition fees per year.
University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a RN program. It is located in Vermillion. In 2010, University of South Dakota graduated 272 students from its RN program. Students at University of South Dakota paid $6,762 per year in tuition fees.
Dakota Wesleyan University, which is located in Mitchell, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a RN program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. 78 students graduated with degree in RN from Dakota Wesleyan University in 2010. The tuition rate at Dakota Wesleyan University was $19,850 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Dakota RN school, average tuition will be $12,342 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,396 per year to $25,104 per year. In 2010, the following South Dakota RN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
- Dakota Wesleyan University - located in Mitchell, students are charged $19,850 per year
The following South Dakota RN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sisseton Wahpeton College - located in Sisseton, students are charged $3,960 per year
- South Dakota State University - located in Brookings, students are charged $6,444 per year
A RN degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from RN school in South Dakota go on to work as a registered nurse. 10,690 registered nurses were working in South Dakota in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Dakota registered nurses:
- Lincoln County - 4,800 registered nurses
- Beadle County - 2,560 registered nurses
- Meade County - 1,730 registered nurses
On average, a registered nurse earns a salary of $54,730 per year in South Dakota state. However, South Dakota registered nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,200 per year to more than $75,260 per year in 2010. The following counties in South Dakota have the highest average salaries for registered nurses:
- Meade County - $58,130 per year
- Lincoln County - $56,770 per year
- Bennett County - $55,810 per year
On average, registered nurses earns the least in the following South Dakota counties:
- Aurora County - $48,640 per year
- Beadle County - $50,520 per year
- Bennett County - $55,810 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,560 miles from location||South Dakota State University||Brookings||SD||31.8924||55%||12,376|
|6,576 miles from location||University of South Dakota||Vermillion||SD||64.495||41%||9,617|
|6,879 miles from location||National American University-Rapid City||Rapid City||SD||12.6507||n/a||1,973|
|6,834 miles from location||Oglala Lakota College||Kyle||SD||5.47762||n/a||1,804|
|6,562 miles from location||Augustana College||Sioux Falls||SD||67.8064||42%||1,793|
|6,600 miles from location||Mount Marty College||Yankton||SD||23.7367||45%||1,214|
|6,626 miles from location||Dakota Wesleyan University||Mitchell||SD||53.9083||39%||763|
|6,636 miles from location||Presentation College||Aberdeen||SD||21.2999||58%||679|
|6,564 miles from location||National American University-Sioux Falls||Sioux Falls||SD||6.11863||n/a||554|
|6,856 miles from location||Sisseton Wahpeton College||Sisseton||SD||9.22432||n/a||237|
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Registered Nurses +||10,690||$54,730||18.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in South Dakota