There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Tennessee
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Tennessee students graduate with degrees in dental hygiene. In other words, every year an estimated 163 dental hygienists graduate from Tennessee's 7 dental hygienist schools.
The University of Tennessee, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Knoxville. 35 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from The University of Tennessee in 2010. Students at The University of Tennessee paid $7,382 per year in tuition fees.
Concorde Career College, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Memphis. In 2010, Concorde Career College graduated 20 students from its dental hygienist program.
Southern Adventist University, which is located in Collegedale, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Southern Adventist University graduated 1 students from its dental hygienist programs. Southern Adventist University charged in-state students $17,712 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,146 per year, though tuition can range from $17,712 per year to $3,113 per year. In 2010, the dental hygienist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Southern Adventist University - located in Collegedale, students are charged $17,712 per year
- The University of Tennessee - located in Knoxville, students are charged $7,382 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
The following Tennessee dental hygienist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Roane State Community College - located in Harriman, students are charged $3,113 per year
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. 3,120 dental hygienists were working in Tennessee in 2010. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of dental hygienists are:
- Cannon County - 820 dental hygienists
- Crittenden County - 630 dental hygienists
- Anderson County - 480 dental hygienists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental hygienists in the state of Tennessee will grow to 4,160. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
A dental hygienist in Tennessee earns $61,560 per year on average. But, salaries for dental hygienists can vary. In 2010, dental hygienists made as little as less than $33,040 per year or as much as more than $99,630 per year in Tennessee. The counties in Tennessee with the highest average salary for a dental hygienist are:
- Anderson County - $72,720 per year
- Bedford County - $64,560 per year
- Bradley County - $61,730 per year
A dental hygienist in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Chester County - $46,640 per year
- Hawkins County - $52,930 per year
- Christian County - $54,940 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental hygiene in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Tennessee
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,885 miles from location||The University of Tennessee||Knoxville||TN||37.7035||42%||29,934|
|5,800 miles from location||East Tennessee State University||Johnson City||TN||27.8697||51%||14,421|
|5,956 miles from location||Chattanooga State Community College||Chattanooga||TN||8.14202||n/a||9,431|
|6,048 miles from location||Tennessee State University||Nashville||TN||25.6895||43%||8,824|
|5,923 miles from location||Roane State Community College||Harriman||TN||17.0634||79%||6,281|
|5,945 miles from location||Southern Adventist University||Collegedale||TN||28.1437||56%||2,891|
|6,219 miles from location||Concorde Career College||Memphis||TN||33.6691||100%||1,113|
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Hygienists +||3,120||$61,560||6.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Tennessee