There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Tennessee
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Tennessee students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. That means an estimated 573 early childhood education professionals graduate from Tennessee's 31 early childhood education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a early childhood education program is Vanderbilt University, which is located in Nashville. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Vanderbilt University's early childhood education program. Students at Vanderbilt University paid $39,930 per year in tuition fees.
Milligan College, which is located in Milligan College, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Milligan College early childhood education program. Students at Milligan College paid $23,520 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a early childhood education program is Belmont University. Belmont University, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. The tuition rate at Belmont University was $23,680 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's early childhood education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,936 per year, though tuition can range from $39,930 per year to $3,057 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Milligan College - located in Milligan College, students are charged $23,520 per year
The following Tennessee early childhood education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Cleveland State Community College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,101 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
early childhood education graduates in Tennessee can go into a variety of professions such as kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. Tennessee had 44,510 early childhood education professionals in 2010. 7,990 of these early childhood education professionals were preschool teachers, 4,690 were kindergarten teachers, and 30,900 were elementary school teachers. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Cannon County - 11,770 early childhood education professionals
- Crittenden County - 10,610 early childhood education professionals
- Anderson County - 4,620 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Tennessee will grow to 57,620. This would require a 18% growth in the field.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn $38,415 per year. But, salaries for early childhood education professional can vary. In 2010, early childhood education professional made as little as less than $15,520 per year or as much as more than $81,340 per year in Tennessee. Early childhood education professionals in the following Tennessee counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Catoosa County - $40,853 per year
- Carter County - $40,768 per year
- Campbell County - $40,230 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Christian County - $32,885 per year
- Bradley County - $33,950 per year
- Anderson County - $36,275 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Tennessee were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $45,790 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $44,760 per year
- Preschool Director - $37,240 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Preschool Director - $37,240 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $25,870 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Tennessee
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Tennessee
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||30,900||$45,790||6.7%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||7,990||$25,870||-0.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,690||$44,760||12.5%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||930||$37,240||-38.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Tennessee