There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Tennessee
Each year, roughly 1.1% of Tennessee students graduate with degrees in educational leadership. Thus, Tennessee's 24 educational leadership schools put out approximately 1,684 educational leadership professonals each year.
Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Nashville. 71 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Vanderbilt University in 2010. Students at Vanderbilt University paid $39,930 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a educational leadership program is University of Memphis. University of Memphis, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. In 2010, University of Memphis graduated 191 students from its educational leadership program. University of Memphis charged in-state students $6,780 in tuition fees per year.
Cumberland University, which is located in Lebanon, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 49th in the country in 2010. 84 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from Cumberland University in 2010. The tuition rate at Cumberland University was $18,256 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's educational leadership schools ranges from $39,930 per year to $5,704 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,198 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Christian Brothers University - located in Memphis, students are charged $24,870 per year
- Union University - located in Jackson, students are charged $22,390 per year
The following Tennessee educational leadership schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
- Tennessee Technological University - located in Cookeville, students are charged $5,828 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in Tennessee can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. 8,500 educational leadership professonals were working in Tennessee in 2010. Of these, 4,770 were middle school principals. In addition, 930 were preschool directors, and 2,220 were deans. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee educational leadership professonals:
- Cannon County - 2,110 educational leadership professonals
- Crittenden County - 2,090 educational leadership professonals
- Anderson County - 980 educational leadership professonals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of educational leadership professonals is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 9,090 educational leadership professonals working in Tennessee then. Of these 9,090 educational leadership professonals, the government predicts that 5,270 will be middle school principals, 1,330 will be preschool directors, and 1,680 will be deans.
educational leadership professonals in Tennessee earn $65,098 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Tennessee had varying salaries from $18,430 to $145,850 per year in 2010. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Bradley County - $73,400 per year
- Crittenden County - $70,505 per year
- Chester County - $68,465 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Anderson County - $45,870 per year
- Benton County - $52,270 per year
- Bledsoe County - $55,100 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Tennessee were:
- Dean - $87,340 per year
- Middle School Principal - $70,730 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $65,080 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in Tennessee were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $65,080 per year
- Preschool Director - $37,240 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Tennessee
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,770||$70,730||44.1%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,220||$87,340||-10.1%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||930||$37,240||-38.8%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||580||$65,080|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Tennessee