There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Tennessee receive healthcare management degrees every year. That means an estimated 83 healthcare managers graduate from Tennessee's 8 healthcare management schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a healthcare management program is University of Memphis. University of Memphis, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. In 2010, 17 students graduated from University of Memphis' healthcare management program. Students at University of Memphis paid $6,780 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a healthcare management program is The University of Tennessee, which is located in Knoxville. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 10 students graduated from The University of Tennessee healthcare management program. Students at The University of Tennessee paid $7,382 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a healthcare management program is Carson-Newman College. Carson-Newman College, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Jefferson City. In 2010, Carson-Newman College graduated 5 students from its healthcare management programs. The tuition rate at Carson-Newman College was $20,562 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee healthcare management school, average tuition will be $10,874 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,704 per year to $20,562 per year. In 2010, the healthcare management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Carson-Newman College - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $20,562 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Clarksville, students are charged $14,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Nashville Campus - located in Nashville, students are charged $10,680 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee healthcare management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- University of Memphis - located in Memphis, students are charged $6,780 per year
- The University of Tennessee - located in Knoxville, students are charged $7,382 per year
A healthcare management degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare management school in Tennessee go on to work as a healthcare manager. Tennessee had 6,070 healthcare managers in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of healthcare managers work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 1,730 healthcare managers
- Crittenden County - 1,020 healthcare managers
- Anderson County - 870 healthcare managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of healthcare managers is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,210 healthcare managers working in the Tennessee then.
A healthcare manager in Tennessee earns $79,040 per year on average. However, Tennessee healthcare managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $39,600 per year to more than $136,390 per year in 2010. A healthcare manager in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Cannon County - $87,960 per year
- Crittenden County - $82,740 per year
- Hawkins County - $82,180 per year
A healthcare manager in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Chester County - $63,450 per year
- Grainger County - $65,340 per year
- Campbell County - $66,320 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare management in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or business management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Management in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Management in Tennessee
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||6,070||$79,040||20.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Tennessee