There are schools offering math courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Math Programs in Tennessee
Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a math program. It is located in Nashville. In 2010, Vanderbilt University graduated 41 students from its math program. The tuition rate at Vanderbilt University was $39,930 per year.
Rhodes College, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a math program. It is located in Memphis. Tuition at Rhodes College was $34,580 per year.
Sewanee-The University of the South, which is located in Sewanee, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a math program. It received a ranking of 26th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in math from Sewanee-The University of the South in 2010. Students at Sewanee-The University of the South paid $35,862 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee math school, average tuition will be $16,943 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,704 per year to $39,930 per year. In 2010, the math schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Sewanee-The University of the South - located in Sewanee, students are charged $35,862 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee math schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
- Tennessee Technological University - located in Cookeville, students are charged $5,828 per year
A math degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Computational scientist, statistician, and actuary are the professions of choice for a majority of math graduates in Tennessee. If you decide to work as a math professional in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,330 Tennessee math professional as of 2010. This number includes 850 mathematics professors, 40 computational scientists, and 280 statisticians. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee math professionals:
- Cannon County - 460 math professionals
- Anderson County - 150 math professionals
- Crittenden County - 90 math professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of math professionals in the state of Tennessee will grow to 610. This would require a 16% growth in the field.
math professionals in Tennessee earn $46,623 per year on average. But, salaries for math professional can vary. In 2010, math professional made as little as less than $21,120 per year or as much as more than $120,600 per year in Tennessee. On average math professional earn the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Crittenden County - $57,475 per year
- Anderson County - $55,980 per year
- Cannon County - $55,417 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for math professional:
- Catoosa County - $39,310 per year
- Bedford County - $43,800 per year
- Hawkins County - $45,610 per year
On average, the highest paid math professionals in Tennessee were:
- Actuary - $70,150 per year
- Statistician - $62,780 per year
- Mathematics Professor - $53,560 per year
On average, the lowest paid math professionals in Tennessee were:
- Mathematics Professor - $53,560 per year
- Computational Scientist - per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in math. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as accounting or physics.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Math in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Math in Tennessee
Curious what studying Math gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||850||$53,560||-7.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are math related jobs in Tennessee