There are schools offering medical coding classess in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Tennessee
West Tennessee Business College, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a medical coding program. It is located in Jackson. In 2010, West Tennessee Business College graduated 36 students from its medical coding program.
Fountainhead College of Technology, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a medical coding program. It is located in Knoxville. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Fountainhead College of Technology medical coding program. Fountainhead College of Technology charged in-state students $17,000 in tuition fees per year.
Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a medical coding program. It is located in Murfreesboro. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro medical coding program. Students at Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro paid $15,120 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Tennessee's medical coding schools ranges from $17,000 per year to $3,101 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,602 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee medical coding schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Fountainhead College of Technology - located in Knoxville, students are charged $17,000 per year
- South College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Virginia College-School of Business and Health - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $16,500 per year
The following Tennessee medical coding schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Remington College-Nashville Campus - located in Nashville, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Remington College-Memphis Campus - located in Memphis, students are charged $14,745 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as a medical coder. 3,310 medical coders were working in Tennessee in 2010. The largest populations of Tennessee medical coders are working in the following counties:
- Crittenden County - 840 medical coders
- Cannon County - 730 medical coders
- Anderson County - 430 medical coders
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical coders is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,510 medical coders working in the Tennessee then.
On average, medical coders earn $31,000 per year. However, Tennessee medical coders earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,430 per year to more than $51,680 per year in 2010. On average a medical coder earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Cannon County - $34,750 per year
- Catoosa County - $32,540 per year
- Crittenden County - $31,830 per year
On average, medical coders earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Grainger County - $24,010 per year
- Campbell County - $25,320 per year
- Hawkins County - $26,190 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in medical coding. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Tennessee
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Tennessee
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,310||$31,000||11.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Tennessee