There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Tennessee
University of Memphis, which is located in Memphis, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with a degree in nutrition from University of Memphis in 2010. Students at University of Memphis paid $6,780 per year in tuition fees.
Hiwassee College, which was ranked 58th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a nutrition program. It is located in Madisonville. Tuition at Hiwassee College was $15,300 per year.
The University of Tennessee, which is located in Knoxville, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. 47 students graduated with degree in nutrition from The University of Tennessee in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Tennessee was $7,382 per year.
Nutrition schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $11,899 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,790 per year, or as little as $3,117 per year. In 2010, the nutrition schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
- Carson-Newman College - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $20,562 per year
- Lambuth University - located in Jackson, students are charged $19,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
- Middle Tennessee State University - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $6,298 per year
A nutrition degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nutrition school in Tennessee go on to work as a nutritionist. Tennessee had 1,260 nutritionists in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of nutritionists work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 330 nutritionists
- Crittenden County - 310 nutritionists
- Catoosa County - 130 nutritionists
The government projects that the number of nutritionists in Tennessee will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,440 nutritionists working in Tennessee.
On average, nutritionists earn $50,020 per year. But, salaries for nutritionists can vary. In 2010, nutritionists made as little as less than $27,090 per year or as much as more than $97,140 per year in Tennessee. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Carter County - $59,330 per year
- Hawkins County - $57,420 per year
- Cannon County - $51,050 per year
A nutritionist in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $41,680 per year
- Campbell County - $43,520 per year
- Catoosa County - $45,140 per year
For more data regarding a career in nutrition in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Tennessee
- Certificate in Nutrition in Tennessee
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||1,260||$50,020||37.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Tennessee