There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Tennessee receive physical therapy assisting degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 131 physical therapy assistants graduate from Tennessee's 7 physical therapy assistant schools.
Walters State Community College, which is located in Morristown, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Walters State Community College graduated 18 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Students at Walters State Community College paid $3,101 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a physical therapy assistant program is South College, which is located in Knoxville. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, South College graduated 13 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Students at South College paid $16,500 per year in tuition fees.
Roane State Community College, which was ranked 82nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in Harriman. 19 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Roane State Community College in 2010. Students at Roane State Community College paid $3,113 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Tennessee's physical therapy assistant schools ranges from $16,500 per year to $3,101 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,059 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee physical therapy assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- South College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
- Jackson State Community College - located in Jackson, students are charged $3,193 per year
The physical therapy assistant schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Roane State Community College - located in Harriman, students are charged $3,113 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in Tennessee go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. If you decide to work as a physical therapy assistant in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,270 Tennessee physical therapy assistants as of 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of physical therapy assistants work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 560 physical therapy assistants
- Anderson County - 380 physical therapy assistants
- Catoosa County - 360 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that the number of physical therapy assistants in Tennessee will grow by 26%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,880 physical therapy assistants working in Tennessee.
A physical therapy assistant in Tennessee makes an average of $51,680 per year. In 2010, however, some Tennessee physical therapy assistants earned as little as less than $28,580 per year or as much as more than $89,540 per year. On average a physical therapy assistant earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Bradley County - $62,570 per year
- Hawkins County - $61,820 per year
- Bedford County - $61,460 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapy assistants are:
- Christian County - $44,970 per year
- Bledsoe County - $46,300 per year
- Anderson County - $47,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy assisting in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Tennessee
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||2,270||$51,680||0.0%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||910||$22,450||26.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Tennessee