There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Tennessee
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a physical therapy program is The University of Tennessee, which is located in Knoxville. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 56 students graduated from The University of Tennessee's physical therapy program. Students at The University of Tennessee paid $7,382 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a physical therapy program is Belmont University, which is located in Nashville. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 33 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Belmont University in 2010. Tuition at Belmont University was $23,680 per year.
Lipscomb University, which is located in Nashville, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a physical therapy program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. Tuition at Lipscomb University was $21,790 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's physical therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,065 per year, though tuition can range from $23,680 per year to $5,704 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee physical therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
- Tennessee Wesleyan College - located in Athens, students are charged $19,100 per year
The following Tennessee physical therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $6,062 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of physical therapy graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as a physical therapist. In 2010, there were 4,090 physical therapists working in Tennessee. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of physical therapists work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 1,220 physical therapists
- Crittenden County - 860 physical therapists
- Catoosa County - 550 physical therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,140 physical therapists will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of physical therapists to grow by 24%.
A physical therapist in Tennessee earns $77,790 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Tennessee physical therapists earned as little as less than $38,510 per year or as much as more than $132,120 per year. A physical therapist in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Campbell County - $92,850 per year
- Benton County - $88,540 per year
- Bradley County - $88,080 per year
A physical therapist in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Chester County - $63,650 per year
- Bledsoe County - $67,690 per year
- Christian County - $68,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in physical therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Tennessee
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,885 miles from location||The University of Tennessee||Knoxville||TN||37.7035||42%||29,934|
|5,800 miles from location||East Tennessee State University||Johnson City||TN||27.8697||51%||14,421|
|5,959 miles from location||The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga||Chattanooga||TN||26.5907||42%||10,526|
|6,048 miles from location||Tennessee State University||Nashville||TN||25.6895||43%||8,824|
|6,046 miles from location||Belmont University||Nashville||TN||32.452||40%||5,424|
|6,046 miles from location||Lipscomb University||Nashville||TN||29.1907||34%||3,413|
|5,945 miles from location||Southern Adventist University||Collegedale||TN||28.1437||56%||2,891|
|6,044 miles from location||Trevecca Nazarene University||Nashville||TN||24.3487||42%||2,476|
|5,920 miles from location||Tennessee Wesleyan College||Athens||TN||24.9638||43%||1,070|
|6,076 miles from location||Daymar Institute||Clarksville||TN||20.6725||n/a||714|
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapists +||4,090||$77,790||22.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Tennessee