There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Tennessee
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Tennessee graduates receive degrees in respiratory therapy. Thus, Tennessee's 9 respiratory therapy schools put out approximately 162 respiratory therapists each year.
Concorde Career College, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Memphis. In 2010, Concorde Career College graduated 51 students from its respiratory therapy program.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a respiratory therapy program is Tennessee State University. Tennessee State University, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Tennessee State University respiratory therapy program. Tennessee State University charged in-state students $5,704 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a respiratory therapy program is Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences, which is located in Memphis. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences respiratory therapy program. Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences charged in-state students $10,270 in tuition fees per year.
Respiratory therapy schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $3,872 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $10,270 per year, or as little as $3,073 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences - located in Memphis, students are charged $10,270 per year
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in Tennessee go on to work as a respiratory therapist. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,140 Tennessee respiratory therapists as of 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of respiratory therapists work in the following counties:
- Crittenden County - 740 respiratory therapists
- Cannon County - 690 respiratory therapists
- Anderson County - 400 respiratory therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,460 respiratory therapists will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of respiratory therapists to grow by 9%.
A respiratory therapist in Tennessee makes an average of $47,060 per year. However, Tennessee respiratory therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,290 per year to more than $63,700 per year in 2010. A respiratory therapist in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Catoosa County - $50,620 per year
- Cannon County - $50,290 per year
- Bedford County - $48,940 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Chester County - $36,340 per year
- Grainger County - $38,020 per year
- Benton County - $42,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Tennessee
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Tennessee
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||340||$39,450||-48.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Tennessee