There are schools offering small business classes in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Programs in Tennessee
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Tennessee graduates receive degrees in entrepreneurship. That means an estimated 77 small business professionals graduate from Tennessee's 7 small business schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a small business program is Belmont University, which is located in Nashville. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Belmont University graduated 26 students from its small business program. The tuition rate at Belmont University was $23,680 per year.
Middle Tennessee State University, which is located in Murfreesboro, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a small business program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 37 students graduated with degree in small business from Middle Tennessee State University in 2010. Students at Middle Tennessee State University paid $6,298 per year in tuition fees.
Southern Adventist University, which is located in Collegedale, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a small business program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Southern Adventist University small business program. The tuition rate at Southern Adventist University was $17,712 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's small business schools ranges from $23,680 per year to $5,823 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,582 per year. In 2010, the small business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Carson-Newman College - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $20,562 per year
- Southern Adventist University - located in Collegedale, students are charged $17,712 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee small business schools were charged at the following schools:
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
- Middle Tennessee State University - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $6,298 per year
- University of Phoenix-Memphis Campus - located in Cordova, students are charged $10,500 per year
A small business degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
In Tennessee, the largest numbers of small business professional work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 12,390 small business professionals
- Crittenden County - 7,590 small business professionals
- Anderson County - 4,570 small business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 40,110 small business professionals will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of small business professionals to shrink by -4%.
On average, small business professionals earn $92,780 per year. But, salaries for small business professional can vary. In 2010, small business professional made as little as less than $30,660 per year or as much as more than $165,210 per year in Tennessee. The counties in Tennessee with the highest average salary for small business professionals are:
- Cannon County - $101,210 per year
- Crittenden County - $98,760 per year
- Catoosa County - $93,340 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for small business professionals are:
- Campbell County - $71,220 per year
- Bradley County - $71,830 per year
- Bledsoe County - $72,350 per year
The small business professionals with highest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $92,780 per year
On average, the lowest paid small business professionals in Tennessee were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $92,780 per year
For more data regarding a career in entrepreneurship in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or marketing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship in Tennessee
Curious what studying Small Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,190||$92,780||-29.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are small business related jobs in Tennessee