There are schools offering advertising programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a advertising program is The University of Texas at Austin. The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Austin. 477 students graduated with a degree in advertising from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a advertising program is Texas Christian University. Texas Christian University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, 117 students graduated from Texas Christian University advertising program. Tuition at Texas Christian University was $30,090 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a advertising program is Texas Tech University. Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lubbock. 227 students graduated with degree in advertising from Texas Tech University in 2010. Tuition at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas advertising school, average tuition will be $12,452 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,506 per year to $37,230 per year. The Texas advertising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The advertising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Amarillo College - located in Amarillo, students are charged $1,506 per year
- Del Mar College - located in Corpus Christi, students are charged $1,978 per year
- Sam Houston State University - located in Huntsville, students are charged $5,704 per year
An advertising degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas advertising graduates become advertisers. 8,600 advertisers were working in Texas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas advertisers:
- Collin County - 2,540 advertisers
- Austin County - 1,650 advertisers
- Johnson County - 860 advertisers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of advertisers in the state of Texas will grow to 9,230. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
An advertiser in Texas earns $51,890 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. advertisers in Texas had varying salaries from $15,490 to $101,400 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for an advertiser are:
- Austin County - $72,040 per year
- Midland County - $67,680 per year
- Callahan County - $56,320 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for advertisers are:
- Bee County - $23,850 per year
- Andrews County - $24,600 per year
- Blanco County - $27,460 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Advertising in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Texas
- Master's Degree in Advertising in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Advertising in Texas
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||8,600||$51,890||1.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||2,670||$104,430||9.4%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||2,470||$79,690||13.3%|
|Writers and Authors||2,050||$58,120||23.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Texas