There are schools offering business writing courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Business Writing Programs in Texas
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Texas with a business writing program is Texas Tech University, which is located in Lubbock. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 19 students graduated with a degree in business writing from Texas Tech University in 2010. Texas Tech University charged in-state students $6,970 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a business writing program is Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, Texas State University-San Marcos graduated 11 students from its business writing program. The tuition rate at Texas State University-San Marcos was $6,458 per year.
The University of Texas at San Antonio, which is located in San Antonio, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a business writing program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, The University of Texas at San Antonio graduated 38 students from its business writing programs. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at San Antonio was $6,718 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' business writing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,126 per year, though tuition can range from $29,884 per year to $1,394 per year. In 2010, the business writing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- The University of Texas at El Paso - located in El Paso, students are charged $8,020 per year
- University of Houston - located in Houston, students are charged $7,342 per year
The following Texas business writing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
- Austin Community College District - located in Austin, students are charged $1,740 per year
- University of Houston-Downtown - located in Houston, students are charged $4,604 per year
A business writing degree from a Texas school... what next?
The following counties have the largest number of Texas communications professionals:
- Collin County - 890 communications professionals
- Austin County - 760 communications professionals
- Bastrop County - 690 communications professionals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of communications professionals in the state of Texas will grow to 3,940. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
On average, communications professionals earn a salary of $60,600 per year in Texas state. However, Texas communications professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,360 per year to more than $94,770 per year in 2010. On average communications professional earn the most in the following Texas counties:
- Collin County - $67,570 per year
- McLennan County - $62,620 per year
- Austin County - $59,880 per year
On average, communications professionals earn the least in the following Texas counties:
- Bell County - $48,910 per year
- Johnson County - $54,470 per year
- Bastrop County - $57,470 per year
On average, the highest paid communications professionals in Texas were:
- Technical Business Writer - $60,600 per year
The communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Texas were:
- Technical Business Writer - $60,600 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in business writing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as communications or technical writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Writing in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Writing in Texas
- Master's Degree in Business Writing in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Business Writing in Texas
- Certificate in Business Writing in Texas
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,548 miles from location||Houston Community College||Houston||TX||16.1985||n/a||54,942|
|6,685 miles from location||Austin Community College District||Austin||TX||12.3025||n/a||40,248|
|6,546 miles from location||University of Houston||Houston||TX||32.0392||41%||37,000|
|6,700 miles from location||Texas State University-San Marcos||San Marcos||TX||68.5508||40%||30,803|
|6,907 miles from location||Texas Tech University||Lubbock||TX||71.9834||41%||30,049|
|6,744 miles from location||The University of Texas at San Antonio||San Antonio||TX||56.7437||44%||28,955|
|7,192 miles from location||The University of Texas at El Paso||El Paso||TX||25.9553||47%||21,011|
|6,644 miles from location||Baylor University||Waco||TX||38.572||20%||14,614|
|6,547 miles from location||University of Houston-Downtown||Houston||TX||10.696||n/a||12,742|
Curious what studying Business Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Management Analysts +||29,370||$87,850||2.2%|
|Technical Writers +||3,340||$60,600||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business writing related jobs in Texas