There are schools offering business degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a business program. It received a ranking of 11th in the country in 2010. 2,409 students graduated with a degree in business from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. Tuition at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a business program is Rice University. Rice University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Houston. 310 students graduated with degree in business from Rice University in 2010. Students at Rice University paid $33,771 per year in tuition fees.
Texas A & M University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a business program. It is located in College Station. In 2010, Texas A & M University graduated 2,143 students from its business programs. Students at Texas A & M University paid $8,387 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,293 per year, though tuition can range from $37,230 per year to $1,007 per year. The Texas business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Southwestern University - located in Georgetown, students are charged $31,630 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A business degree from a Texas school... what next?
Many Texas business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Texas had 417,760 business professionals in 2010. 29,370 of these business professionals were business analysts, 15,000 were chief executive officers, and 155,180 were operations managers. In Texas, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 111,010 business professionals
- Collin County - 105,590 business professionals
- Bastrop County - 33,670 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of Texas will grow to 533,770. This would require a 19% growth in the field.
On average, business professionals earn a salary of $86,836 per year in Texas state. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $15,940 per year or as much as more than $166,090 per year in Texas. Business professionals in the following Texas counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Ector County - $96,419 per year
- Austin County - $92,761 per year
- Bastrop County - $92,433 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Andrews County - $64,421 per year
- Bee County - $66,021 per year
- Blanco County - $66,352 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Texas were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $174,880 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $113,560 per year
- Financial Manager - $112,940 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Texas were:
- Cost Estimator - $62,600 per year
- Credit Counselor - $38,750 per year
For more data regarding a career in business in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Texas
- Master's Degree in Business in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Texas
- Certificate in Business in Texas
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||155,180||$111,110||-3.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||81,210||$68,090||4.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||23,960||$86,290||2.2%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||12,180||$78,320||140.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||5,630||$96,600||35.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||3,730||$113,560|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Texas