There are schools offering computer networking courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Texas
Around 0.4% of Texas's graduates graduate from computer networking degree programs every year. That means an estimated 2,266 computer network administrators graduate from Texas' 83 computer networking schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a computer networking program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 24 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from Texas A & M University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a computer networking program. It is located in Lubbock. 0 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Texas Tech University in 2010. Texas Tech University charged in-state students $6,970 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a computer networking program is Computer Career Center a division of Vista College. Computer Career Center a division of Vista College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in El Paso. In 2010, Computer Career Center a division of Vista College graduated 36 students from its computer networking programs. Tuition at Computer Career Center a division of Vista College was $18,563 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,939 per year, though tuition can range from $21,900 per year to $1,007 per year. The Texas computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Our Lady of the Lake University-San Antonio - located in San Antonio, students are charged $21,900 per year
- Remington College-Fort Worth Campus - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $19,950 per year
- Computer Career Center a division of Vista College - located in El Paso, students are charged $18,563 per year
The computer networking schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A computer networking degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas computer networking graduates become computer network administrators. If you decide to work as a computer network administrator in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 27,380 Texas computer network administrators as of 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of computer network administrators are:
- Collin County - 9,010 computer network administrators
- Austin County - 5,840 computer network administrators
- Bastrop County - 2,760 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Texas will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 35,740 computer network administrators working in Texas.
A computer network administrator in Texas makes an average of $69,300 per year. A computer network administrator in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collin County - $75,470 per year
- Austin County - $72,970 per year
- Johnson County - $70,230 per year
A computer network administrator in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bee County - $45,560 per year
- Ector County - $48,340 per year
- McLennan County - $48,560 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer networking in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Texas
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Texas
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,030||$45,510||77.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Texas