There are schools offering computer programming courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Texas
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Texas receive computer programming degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 399 computer programmers graduate from Texas' 55 computer programming schools.
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a computer programming program is Texas State University-San Marcos. Texas State University-San Marcos, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in San Marcos. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Texas State University-San Marcos' computer programming program. The tuition rate at Texas State University-San Marcos was $6,458 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a computer programming program is Hardin-Simmons University. Hardin-Simmons University, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Abilene. In 2010, Hardin-Simmons University graduated 2 students from its computer programming program. Students at Hardin-Simmons University paid $20,990 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Houston North, which is located in Houston. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Houston North paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Texas' computer programming schools ranges from $20,990 per year to $1,007 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,738 per year. The Texas computer programming schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Hardin-Simmons University - located in Abilene, students are charged $20,990 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Austin - located in Austin, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Richardson - located in Richardson, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer programming schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A computer programming degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Texas pursue careers as a computer programmer. 27,620 computer programmers were working in Texas in 2010. The largest populations of Texas computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Collin County - 9,250 computer programmers
- Austin County - 6,300 computer programmers
- Bastrop County - 4,430 computer programmers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer programmers in the state of Texas will shrink to 31,380. This would require a -4% decline in the profession.
On average, a computer programmer earns a salary of $79,990 per year in Texas state. A computer programmer in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Blanco County - $98,190 per year
- Andrews County - $90,590 per year
- Bastrop County - $90,250 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Brewster County - $48,610 per year
- Brazos County - $50,170 per year
- Callahan County - $52,030 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in computer programming. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Texas
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Texas
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Texas
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,030||$45,510||77.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Texas