There are schools offering criminology degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Criminology Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a criminology program is The University of Texas at Dallas. The University of Texas at Dallas, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Richardson. 65 students graduated with a degree in criminology from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2010. Tuition at The University of Texas at Dallas was $9,886 per year.
Saint Edward's University, which is located in Austin, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a criminology program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Saint Edward's University criminology program. Saint Edward's University charged in-state students $26,484 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a criminology program is St Marys University. St Marys University, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in San Antonio. In 2010, St Marys University graduated 16 students from its criminology programs. Tuition at St Marys University was $22,576 per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas criminology school, average tuition will be $9,615 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,164 per year to $26,484 per year. In 2010, the criminology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Saint Edward's University - located in Austin, students are charged $26,484 per year
- St Marys University - located in San Antonio, students are charged $22,576 per year
- Howard Payne University - located in Brownwood, students are charged $19,950 per year
The criminology schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Paris Junior College - located in Paris, students are charged $1,164 per year
- Panola College - located in Carthage, students are charged $1,464 per year
- Wharton County Junior College - located in Wharton, students are charged $1,776 per year
For more data regarding a career in criminology in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as sociology or criminal justice, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Criminology in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminology in Texas
- Master's Degree in Criminology in Texas
- Certificate in Criminology in Texas
Curious what studying Criminology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||15,940||$68,260||113.1%|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||5,800||$39,440||-4.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are criminology related jobs in Texas