There are schools offering fashion programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a fashion program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 50 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Texas Christian University in 2010. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a fashion program. It is located in Lubbock. In 2010, 68 students graduated from Texas Tech University fashion program. Students at Texas Tech University paid $6,970 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a fashion program is Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 88 students graduated from Texas State University-San Marcos fashion program. Tuition at Texas State University-San Marcos was $6,458 per year.
Tuition at Texas' fashion schools ranges from $30,090 per year to $1,200 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,095 per year. In 2010, the following Texas fashion schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- University of the Incarnate Word - located in San Antonio, students are charged $21,890 per year
The following Texas fashion schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Brookhaven College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,230 per year
- El Centro College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,230 per year
A fashion degree from a Texas school... what next?
fashion graduates in Texas can go into a variety of professions such as marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. Texas had 379,050 fashion professionals in 2010. 290 of these fashion professionals were fashion designers, 10,150 were marketing managers, and 8,090 were merchadisers. In Texas, the largest numbers of fashion professional work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 89,010 fashion professionals
- Collin County - 74,920 fashion professionals
- Johnson County - 35,290 fashion professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 460,490 fashion professionals will be working in Texas. This would require the number of fashion professional to grow by 5%.
fashion professionals in Texas make an average of $50,708 per year. But, salaries for fashion professional can vary. In 2010, fashion professional made as little as less than $15,540 per year or as much as more than $164,450 per year in Texas. Fashion professionals in the following Texas counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Hardin County - $64,253 per year
- Austin County - $64,225 per year
- Johnson County - $60,298 per year
On average, fashion professionals earn the least in the following Texas counties:
- Brewster County - $20,260 per year
- Grayson County - $22,260 per year
- Irion County - $23,200 per year
On average, the highest paid fashion professionals in Texas were:
- Marketing Manager - $126,760 per year
- Fashion Designer - $62,640 per year
- Merchadiser - $57,730 per year
On average, the lowest paid fashion professionals in Texas were:
- Sales Associate - $23,880 per year
- Knitter - $22,450 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in fashion and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Texas
- Certificate in Fashion in Texas
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||8,090||$57,730||-14.8%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||290||$22,450||-60.8%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||170||$29,680||-55.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Texas