There are schools offering hotel management degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Hotel Management Programs in Texas
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a hotel management program is Texas Tech University. Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lubbock. 175 students graduated with a degree in hotel management from Texas Tech University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
University of Dallas, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a hotel management program. It is located in Irving. 0 students graduated with degree in hotel management from University of Dallas in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Dallas was $29,463 per year.
Northwood University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a hotel management program. It is located in Cedar Hill. In 2010, Northwood University graduated 3 students from its hotel management programs. Tuition at Northwood University was $19,272 per year.
Hotel management schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $7,903 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,463 per year, or as little as $1,230 per year. The Texas hotel management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Dallas - located in Irving, students are charged $29,463 per year
- Northwood University - located in Cedar Hill, students are charged $19,272 per year
- University of Houston - located in Houston, students are charged $7,342 per year
The hotel management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- North Lake College - located in Irving, students are charged $1,230 per year
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
- St. Philip's College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $1,562 per year
A hotel management degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of hotel management graduates in Texas pursue careers as a hotel manager. If you decide to work as a hotel manager in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,690 Texas hotel managers as of 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of hotel managers are:
- Collin County - 290 hotel managers
- Austin County - 260 hotel managers
- Atascosa County - 230 hotel managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of hotel managers in the state of Texas will grow to 4,290. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, a hotel manager earns a salary of $56,370 per year in Texas state. However, this number is only an average. hotel managers in Texas had varying salaries from $18,300 to $129,530 per year in 2010. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Collin County - $70,820 per year
- Johnson County - $65,920 per year
- Austin County - $55,970 per year
On average, hotel managers earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Anderson County - $38,470 per year
- Brazos County - $39,480 per year
- Aransas County - $41,730 per year
For more data regarding a career in hotel management in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or hotel management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hotel Management in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management in Texas
- Master's Degree in Hotel Management in Texas
- Certificate in Hotel Management in Texas
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,548 miles from location||Houston Community College||Houston||TX||16.1985||n/a||54,942|
|6,546 miles from location||University of Houston||Houston||TX||32.0392||41%||37,000|
|6,907 miles from location||Texas Tech University||Lubbock||TX||71.9834||41%||30,049|
|6,684 miles from location||Central Texas College||Killeen||TX||16.1488||n/a||24,133|
|6,678 miles from location||Del Mar College||Corpus Christi||TX||11.9255||n/a||12,069|
|6,629 miles from location||North Lake College||Irving||TX||8.42751||n/a||11,644|
|6,734 miles from location||St. Philip's College||San Antonio||TX||8.72207||n/a||11,008|
|6,627 miles from location||University of Dallas||Irving||TX||70.6714||33%||2,883|
|6,629 miles from location||Northwood University||Cedar Hill||TX||49.221||60%||930|
Curious what studying Hotel Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Lodging Managers +||1,690||$56,370||-24.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hotel management related jobs in Texas