There are schools offering interior design programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a interior design program is The University of Texas at Austin. The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Austin. 9 students graduated with a degree in interior design from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. Students at The University of Texas at Austin paid $9,418 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with degree in interior design from Texas Christian University in 2010. Students at Texas Christian University paid $30,090 per year in tuition fees.
Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas State University-San Marcos graduated 52 students from its interior design programs. Tuition at Texas State University-San Marcos was $6,458 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' interior design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,365 per year, though tuition can range from $30,090 per year to $1,024 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- El Centro College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,230 per year
An interior design degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from interior design school in Texas go on to work as an interior designer. If you decide to work as an interior designer in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,450 Texas interior designers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas interior designers:
- Collin County - 1,170 interior designers
- Austin County - 1,100 interior designers
- Bastrop County - 340 interior designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of interior designers in the state of Texas will grow to 6,940. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
On average, interior designers earn $51,470 per year. However, this number is only an average. interior designers in Texas had varying salaries from $17,380 to $98,300 per year in 2010. On average an interior designer earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Bee County - $61,090 per year
- Collin County - $57,510 per year
- Midland County - $53,670 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for interior designers:
- Bastrop County - $41,280 per year
- El Paso County - $41,290 per year
- Atascosa County - $46,540 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in interior design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as design or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in Texas
- Certificate in Interior Design in Texas
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in Texas