There are schools offering MBA programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a MBA program is The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. 646 students graduated with a degree in MBA from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. Tuition at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
Rice University, which is located in Houston, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 296 students graduated with degree in MBA from Rice University in 2010. Rice University charged in-state students $33,771 in tuition fees per year.
Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 15th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 342 students graduated from Texas A & M University MBA program. Tuition at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
Tuition at Texas' MBA schools ranges from $37,230 per year to $1,007 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,323 per year. The Texas MBA schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A MBA degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas MBA graduates become general managers. In 2010, there were 155,180 general managers working in Texas. In Texas, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 42,780 general managers
- Collin County - 35,210 general managers
- Johnson County - 11,950 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Texas will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 159,070 general managers working in Texas.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $111,110 per year in Texas state. In 2010, however, some Texas general managers earned as little as less than $19,420 per year or as much as more than $166,090 per year. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Collin County - $123,850 per year
- Austin County - $119,730 per year
- Bastrop County - $114,560 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Bell County - $78,680 per year
- Brewster County - $81,070 per year
- Cooke County - $81,660 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Certificate in Business Administration in Texas
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||155,180||$111,110||-3.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Texas