There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Texas!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Texas
Around 0.3% of Texas's graduates graduate from nurse assisting certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 1,528 nursing assistants graduate from Texas' 19 nursing assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a nursing assistant program is Texas Health School. Texas Health School, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Houston. In 2010, 241 students graduated from Texas Health School's nursing assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a nursing assistant program is Computer Career Center a division of Vista College, which is located in El Paso. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. Tuition at Computer Career Center a division of Vista College was $18,563 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a nursing assistant program is Anamarc College. Anamarc College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in El Paso. In 2010, Anamarc College graduated 344 students from its nursing assistant programs. Tuition at Anamarc College was $0 per year.
Tuition at Texas' nursing assistant schools ranges from $18,563 per year to $1,230 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,618 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Computer Career Center a division of Vista College - located in El Paso, students are charged $18,563 per year
- Baptist Health System School of Health Professions - located in San Antonio, students are charged $6,692 per year
- Texas State Technical College Harlingen - located in Harlingen, students are charged $5,205 per year
The nursing assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Cedar Valley College - located in Lancaster, students are charged $1,230 per year
- Trinity Valley Community College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,600 per year
- El Paso Community College - located in El Paso, students are charged $1,690 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in Texas go on to work as a nursing assistant. In 2010, there were 97,530 nursing assistants working in Texas. The Texas counties with the largest populations of nursing assistants are:
- Austin County - 19,750 nursing assistants
- Collin County - 17,100 nursing assistants
- Atascosa County - 7,470 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 126,160 nursing assistants will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 27%.
On average, a nursing assistant earns a salary of $22,010 per year in Texas state. In 2010, however, some Texas nursing assistants earned as little as less than $15,490 per year or as much as more than $34,460 per year. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Bell County - $24,330 per year
- Atascosa County - $24,290 per year
- Johnson County - $23,510 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for nursing assistants are:
- Cameron County - $18,980 per year
- Brewster County - $19,190 per year
- Hardin County - $19,190 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Texas
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||97,530||$22,010||11.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Texas