There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Texas
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Texas students graduate with degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 645 respiratory therapists graduate from Texas' 31 respiratory therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a respiratory therapy program is Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 33 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Tuition at Texas State University-San Marcos was $6,458 per year.
Midwestern State University, which is located in Wichita Falls, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. 35 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Midwestern State University in 2010. Students at Midwestern State University paid $5,470 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Southern University, which is located in Houston, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas Southern University graduated 16 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Texas Southern University charged in-state students $7,360 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' respiratory therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,311 per year, though tuition can range from $7,360 per year to $1,024 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Texas Southern University - located in Houston, students are charged $7,360 per year
- Texas State University-San Marcos - located in San Marcos, students are charged $6,458 per year
- Midwestern State University - located in Wichita Falls, students are charged $5,470 per year
The following Texas respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,890 Texas respiratory therapists as of 2010. The largest populations of Texas respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 2,150 respiratory therapists
- Collin County - 2,010 respiratory therapists
- Johnson County - 880 respiratory therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 33% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,950 respiratory therapists working in the Texas then.
On average, respiratory therapists earn $52,320 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $29,720 per year or as much as more than $77,020 per year. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Hidalgo County - $58,710 per year
- Bastrop County - $55,210 per year
- Austin County - $55,210 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for respiratory therapists are:
- Crosby County - $43,790 per year
- Andrews County - $45,840 per year
- Callahan County - $46,170 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Texas
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||1,250||$42,820||-51.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Texas