There are schools offering sound engineering programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Sound Engineering Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a sound engineering program is The University of Texas at Austin. The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Austin. 1 students graduated with a degree in sound engineering from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. Students at The University of Texas at Austin paid $9,418 per year in tuition fees.
Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a sound engineering program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas State University-San Marcos graduated 6 students from its sound engineering program. Students at Texas State University-San Marcos paid $6,458 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a sound engineering program is Texas Southern University. Texas Southern University, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Houston. In 2010, Texas Southern University graduated 3 students from its sound engineering programs. Tuition at Texas Southern University was $7,360 per year.
Tuition at Texas' sound engineering schools ranges from $17,568 per year to $1,086 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,874 per year. In 2010, the sound engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- The Art Institute of Austin - located in Austin, students are charged $17,568 per year
- The University of Texas at Austin - located in Austin, students are charged $9,418 per year
- Texas Southern University - located in Houston, students are charged $7,360 per year
The sound engineering schools in Texas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- Del Mar College - located in Corpus Christi, students are charged $1,978 per year
- Texas State University-San Marcos - located in San Marcos, students are charged $6,458 per year
A sound engineering degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas sound engineering graduates become sound engineers. 590 sound engineers were working in Texas in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Texas sound engineers:
- Collin County - 130 sound engineers
- Austin County - 110 sound engineers
- Bastrop County - 110 sound engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 680 sound engineers will be working in Texas state. This would require the number of sound engineers to grow by 14%.
On average, sound engineers earn $38,330 per year. However, Texas sound engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,210 per year to more than $109,200 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a sound engineer are:
- Collin County - $49,260 per year
- Bastrop County - $36,660 per year
- Johnson County - $35,000 per year
A sound engineer in the following counties in Texas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Atascosa County - $30,920 per year
- Austin County - $31,650 per year
- Johnson County - $35,000 per year
For more data regarding a career in sound engineering in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio production or video production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sound Engineering in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Sound Engineering in Texas
- Certificate in Sound Engineering in Texas
Curious what studying Sound Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||2,540||$39,430||-4.2%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||590||$38,330||7.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sound engineering related jobs in Texas