There are schools offering sports management degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Texas
The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a sports management program. It is located in Austin. 63 students graduated with a degree in sports management from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a sports management program is Rice University. Rice University, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Houston. 14 students graduated with degree in sports management from Rice University in 2010. Rice University charged in-state students $33,771 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a sports management program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, 162 students graduated from Texas A & M University sports management program. Tuition at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
Sports management schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $15,654 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,771 per year, or as little as $5,470 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas sports management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
- LeTourneau University - located in Longview, students are charged $21,980 per year
The sports management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Midwestern State University - located in Wichita Falls, students are charged $5,470 per year
- Texas A & M University-Commerce - located in Commerce, students are charged $5,998 per year
- Texas State University-San Marcos - located in San Marcos, students are charged $6,458 per year
A sports management degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas sports management graduates become sports managers. 12,990 sports managers were working in Texas in 2010. The largest populations of Texas sports managers are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 3,550 sports managers
- Collin County - 3,170 sports managers
- Johnson County - 1,140 sports managers
The government projects that the number of sports managers in Texas will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 30,790 sports managers working in Texas.
A sports manager in Texas makes an average of $111,010 per year. However, Texas sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,910 per year to more than $163,360 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a sports manager are:
- Austin County - $122,880 per year
- Bee County - $122,290 per year
- Bastrop County - $120,810 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for sports managers are:
- McLennan County - $59,500 per year
- Archer County - $62,590 per year
- Blanco County - $67,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in sports management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Texas
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Texas
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||12,990||$111,010||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Texas