There are schools offering technical writing courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Technical Writing Programs in Texas
Your Favorite Schools
Texas A & M University, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a technical writing program. It is located in College Station. In 2010, Texas A & M University graduated 4 students from its technical writing program. The tuition rate at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a technical writing program is Texas Tech University. Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lubbock. 19 students graduated with degree in technical writing from Texas Tech University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a technical writing program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in technical writing from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2010. Texas State University-San Marcos charged in-state students $6,458 in tuition fees per year.
Technical writing schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $9,098 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,884 per year, or as little as $1,740 per year. In 2010, the following Texas technical writing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Texas A & M University - located in College Station, students are charged $8,387 per year
- The University of Texas at El Paso - located in El Paso, students are charged $8,020 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas technical writing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Austin Community College District - located in Austin, students are charged $1,740 per year
- University of Houston-Downtown - located in Houston, students are charged $4,604 per year
- Texas State University-San Marcos - located in San Marcos, students are charged $6,458 per year
A technical writing degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from technical writing school in Texas go on to work as a technical writer. If you decide to work as a technical writer in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,340 Texas technical writers as of 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of technical writers are:
- Collin County - 890 technical writers
- Austin County - 760 technical writers
- Bastrop County - 690 technical writers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of technical writers in the state of Texas will grow to 3,940. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
On average, technical writers earn $60,600 per year. But, salaries for technical writers can vary. In 2010, technical writers made as little as less than $24,360 per year or as much as more than $94,770 per year in Texas. A technical writer in the following Texas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collin County - $67,570 per year
- McLennan County - $62,620 per year
- Austin County - $59,880 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for technical writers are:
- Bell County - $48,910 per year
- Johnson County - $54,470 per year
- Bastrop County - $57,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in technical writing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Technical Writing in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing in Texas
- Master's Degree in Technical Writing in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Technical Writing in Texas
- Certificate in Technical Writing in Texas
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,603 miles from location||Texas A & M University||College Station||TX||85.085||53%||48,702|
|6,685 miles from location||Austin Community College District||Austin||TX||12.3025||n/a||40,248|
|6,700 miles from location||Texas State University-San Marcos||San Marcos||TX||68.5508||40%||30,803|
|6,907 miles from location||Texas Tech University||Lubbock||TX||71.9834||41%||30,049|
|6,744 miles from location||The University of Texas at San Antonio||San Antonio||TX||56.7437||44%||28,955|
|7,192 miles from location||The University of Texas at El Paso||El Paso||TX||25.9553||47%||21,011|
|6,644 miles from location||Baylor University||Waco||TX||38.572||20%||14,614|
|6,547 miles from location||University of Houston-Downtown||Houston||TX||10.696||n/a||12,742|
Curious what studying Technical Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Technical Writers +||3,340||$60,600||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are technical writing related jobs in Texas