There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in Texas
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Texas receive ultrasound technology certificates every year. Thus, Texas' 24 ultrasound technician schools put out approximately 404 ultrasound technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a ultrasound technician program is The Academy of Health Care Professions, which is located in Houston. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, The Academy of Health Care Professions graduated 31 students from its ultrasound technician program.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a ultrasound technician program is The Academy of Health Care Professions. The Academy of Health Care Professions, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in San Antonio. In 2010, The Academy of Health Care Professions graduated 42 students from its ultrasound technician program.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a ultrasound technician program is Southwest Career College, which is located in El Paso. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. The tuition rate at Southwest Career College was $12,500 per year.
Tuition at Texas' ultrasound technician schools ranges from $25,782 per year to $1,200 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,930 per year. The Texas ultrasound technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Houston, students are charged $25,782 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Dallas, students are charged $15,306 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $13,068 per year
The following Texas ultrasound technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
- Alvin Community College - located in Alvin, students are charged $1,220 per year
- El Centro College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,230 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas ultrasound technician graduates become ultrasound technicians. Texas had 3,420 ultrasound technicians in 2010. In Texas, the largest numbers of ultrasound technicians work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 880 ultrasound technicians
- Collin County - 610 ultrasound technicians
- Bastrop County - 310 ultrasound technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of ultrasound technicians is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,060 ultrasound technicians working in the Texas then.
An ultrasound technician in Texas earns $61,910 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Texas ultrasound technicians earned as little as less than $36,300 per year or as much as more than $96,840 per year. On average an ultrasound technician earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Callahan County - $76,430 per year
- Johnson County - $66,530 per year
- Collin County - $65,300 per year
On average, ultrasound technicians earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Anderson County - $55,010 per year
- Calhoun County - $55,660 per year
- Hardin County - $55,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in ultrasound technology in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Texas
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in Texas
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||3,420||$61,910||31.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in Texas