There are schools offering accounting degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Utah
The top-ranked school in Utah with a accounting program is University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, University of Utah graduated 222 students from its accounting program. University of Utah charged in-state students $6,272 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah that has a accounting program is Brigham Young University. Brigham Young University, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Provo. 398 students graduated with degree in accounting from Brigham Young University in 2010. Students at Brigham Young University paid $4,420 per year in tuition fees.
Stevens-Henager College of Business-Provo, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a accounting program. It is located in Orem. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Stevens-Henager College of Business-Provo accounting program. Tuition at Stevens-Henager College of Business-Provo was $14,867 per year.
Accounting schools in Utah, charge students an average tuition of $8,822 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $27,350 per year, or as little as $2,542 per year. In 2010, the accounting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Stevens-Henager College-Ogden - located in Ogden, students are charged $27,350 per year
- Westminster College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $25,980 per year
- Stevens-Henager College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $17,400 per year
The accounting schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Latter-day Saints Business College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,900 per year
An accounting degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Utah pursue careers as an accountant. In 2010, there were 9,900 accountants working in Utah. In Utah, the largest numbers of accountants work in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 5,990 accountants
- Juab County - 1,320 accountants
- Davis County - 1,090 accountants
The government projects that the number of accountants in Utah will grow by 35%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 16,700 accountants working in Utah.
An accountant in Utah makes an average of $62,930 per year. In 2010, however, some Utah accountants earned as little as less than $16,090 per year or as much as more than $105,710 per year. The following counties in Utah have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Salt Lake County - $65,640 per year
- Box Elder County - $64,580 per year
- Davis County - $62,220 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following Utah counties:
- Millard County - $45,830 per year
- Washington County - $50,920 per year
- Franklin County - $54,730 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Utah
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Utah
- Certificate in Accounting in Utah
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||13,750||$31,730||2.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,900||$62,930||14.2%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||2,610||$32,020||-38.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||1,120||$34,420||-19.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Utah