There are schools offering acting classes in Utah!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Utah
The top-ranked school in Utah with a acting program is University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 22 students graduated with a degree in acting from University of Utah in 2010. Students at University of Utah paid $6,272 per year in tuition fees.
Brigham Young University, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a acting program. It is located in Provo. In 2010, Brigham Young University graduated 41 students from its acting program. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
Utah State University, which is located in Logan, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in acting from Utah State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Utah State University was $4,828 per year.
If you choose to attend a Utah acting school, average tuition will be $4,258 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,542 per year to $6,272 per year. The Utah acting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
- Southern Utah University - located in Cedar City, students are charged $4,736 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Utah Valley University - located in Orem, students are charged $4,288 per year
An acting degree from an Utah school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Utah go on to work as an actor. In 2010, there were 140 actors working in Utah. The Utah counties with the largest populations of actors are:
- Salt Lake County - 130 actors
The government projects that by 2018, the number of actors in the state of Utah will grow to 390. This would require a 25% growth in the profession.
An actor in Utah earns $0 per year on average.
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in acting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Utah
- Master's Degree in Acting in Utah
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||450||$67,190||21.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Utah