There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Utah
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Utah that has a civil engineering program is University of Utah. University of Utah, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, 92 students graduated from University of Utah's civil engineering program. University of Utah charged in-state students $6,272 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Utah with a civil engineering program is Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. 113 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from Brigham Young University in 2010. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
Utah State University, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Logan. 109 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from Utah State University in 2010. Utah State University charged in-state students $4,828 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Utah civil engineering school, average tuition will be $4,310 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,670 per year to $6,272 per year. The Utah civil engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
- Southern Utah University - located in Cedar City, students are charged $4,736 per year
The civil engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Utah were:
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Brigham Young University - located in Provo, students are charged $4,420 per year
A civil engineering degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in Utah pursue careers as a civil engineer. 2,460 civil engineers were working in Utah in 2010. In Utah, the largest numbers of civil engineers work in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 1,440 civil engineers
- Davis County - 410 civil engineers
- Juab County - 270 civil engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of civil engineers in the state of Utah will grow to 3,640. This would require a 33% growth in the profession.
On average, civil engineers earn $82,200 per year. But, salaries for civil engineers can vary. In 2010, civil engineers made as little as less than $46,440 per year or as much as more than $131,460 per year in Utah. On average a civil engineer earns the most in the following Utah counties:
- Salt Lake County - $87,470 per year
- Franklin County - $81,610 per year
- Davis County - $78,040 per year
The Utah counties with the lowest average salary for civil engineers are:
- Washington County - $66,130 per year
- Millard County - $67,100 per year
- Zapata County - $68,960 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Utah statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Utah
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Utah
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,364 miles from location||Salt Lake Community College||Salt Lake City||UT||17.6641||n/a||34,966|
|7,356 miles from location||Brigham Young University||Provo||UT||43.6667||77%||34,130|
|7,357 miles from location||University of Utah||Salt Lake City||UT||72.974||59%||29,284|
|7,338 miles from location||Utah State University||Logan||UT||34.0933||48%||15,612|
|7,474 miles from location||Southern Utah University||Cedar City||UT||27.7334||53%||8,066|
|7,323 miles from location||Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah||Price||UT||19.0139||n/a||2,419|
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineers +||2,460||$82,200||43.9%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters +||1,270||$42,640||25.7%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians +||720||$43,600||-8.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Utah